Your Homeowners or renters policy provides valuable coverages for your home and your personal property, such as furniture, electronics, and clothing. However, these policies only provide a limited amount of coverage for some of your most cherished possessions, including your engagement or wedding ring, watches, and art. Limitations in these policies typically apply to the following items:

  • Jewelry
  • Furs
  • Firearms
  • Musical instruments
  • Silverware & goldware
  • Fine art
  • Collectables
  • Sports & golf equipment
  • Computer equipment

So How Do I Cover My Valuable Possessions?
A Personal Article policy (also called a floater) can provide worldwide coverage for these types of items. For a relatively low cost, you can schedule various items and insure them for an appraised value. If the items were to be lost, stolen, or damaged, you would receive the value that it was appraised for, not just items of like kind or quality.

Another way to cover such items is to endorse your current Homeowners policy. Most Homeowners carriers have higher limits available for these items for an additional premium. However, if you have higher priced items it is best use a Personal Article policy.

What to Ask Our Agents

  • Is it cheaper to add coverage to my Homeowners policy or to purchase a separate Personal Article policy?
  • Are there any locations where coverage does not apply?
  • How long do I have to notify the carrier of a new item?
  • How will the insurance company replace the item?
  • What happens if I only damage the item, but it’s not lost? Will the insurer pay to have it repaired?
  • What type of deductible applies?

Most Common Items We Insure

  • Jewelry
  • Furs
  • Firearms
  • Fine Art
Compare Your Coverage!
Call Now ButtonTalk Now!