One of the greatest parts of living in Tampa Bay is access to the bay and Gulf waters. Getting out on the water on your boat is a freeing experience, but if you are doing so without Boat insurance you could face significant property and liability losses.
Similar to Auto insurance, Boat insurance protects you in the event of a loss or damage to your boat as well as liability that may result from it’s operation. As an independent agency, Insurance Resources has access to multiple carriers that offer coverage for all types of vessels. Whether you’re trying to protect your jet ski or yacht our agents will help you find the correct policy for your needs.
What Coverages are Available?
- Collision damage
- Pays for repair or replacement of your boat that results from collision with another boat or object
- Comprehensive damage
- Pays for repair or replacement of your boat for all other losses than collision, such as vandalism, theft, fire, and wind
- Bodily Injury Liability
- Covers injury you cause to someone while using your boat or a passenger on another boat if there were to be a negligent collision
- Property Damage Liability
- Covers property damage you cause to another’s property by use of your boat
- Trailer Coverage
- Provides collision and comprehensive coverage for your boat trailer
- On-Water Towing
- Provides towing coverage if your boat breaks down while out on the water
- Roadside Assistance
- Provides towing coverage if an incident occurs while you are trailering your boat
- Medical Payments
- Pays for medical expenses to another party, regardless of fault
- Fishing Equipment
- Pays for lost, stolen, or damaged fishing equipment
- Motor Equipment Breakdown
- Provides coverage for your motor for engine breakdown, which is typically not covered by your standard Boat policy
What to Ask Our Agents
- Why doesn’t my Homeowners policy provide coverage?
- Does my carrier offer discounts for boat safety courses?
- If my Boat and Auto insurer are the same, will I receive a discount?
- Is my boat covered for actual cash value (depreciation factored in) or replacement cost?
- Is my boat covered for wind loss?
- Do I need to take any precautions before a hurricane to ensure coverage will apply?
Types of Boats We Insure
- Sport Fishers
- Jet Boats
- Center Consoles
- Jet Skis
- Cabin Cruisers
- Bay Boats
- Bass Boats
- Many Others!